27 July 2007

bookworm

Today I got a LIBRARY CARD!!!! That's cool, huh? I just read a British coookbook translated into Slovene. Three Lonely Planet travel guides--all to the wrong places. Boo. And 1/3 of the Complete Idiot's Guide to Handwriting Analysis. The other night I read half of Atonement by Ian McEwan (??) which is a bleak, empty book. I feel like I'm an atheist when I read it. That is very, very unpleasant. I woke up in the morning in a BAD mood. So I've jumped ship on that. Christina read the newest Harry Potter aloud for like 4 hours today while i cross-stiched. I get going really fast during fight scenes. A few days ago I finished The Freedom Writer's Diary. Sometimes I'd just sit and cry--but good cry--as I read. And under my bed, I'm keeping Principles of Language Learning and Teaching. Nerdy, but fascinating.

100% this is between camps. I never read this much. I only ventured outside once today. I don't even feel guilty, trapped or restless. Just book-wormy.

No comments: