05 September 2012

declares the Lord

When the Israelites were in Babylon, away from home, exiled, misled and in distress, God said to them:

Build houses and live in them;
plant gardens and eat their produce.
Take wives and have sons and daughters;
take wives for your sons and give your daughters in marriage,
that they may bear sons and daughters;
multiply there, and do not decrease.
But seek the welfare of the city where I have sent you in to exile,
and pray to the Lord on its behalf,
for in its welfare you will find your welfare.
.....I will visit you,
and I will fulfill to you my promise 
and bring you back to this place.
For I know the plans I have for you, 
declares the Lord,
plans for peace and not for evil,
to give you a future and a hope.
Then you will call upon me 
and come 
and pray to me,
and I will hear you.
You will seek me and find me,
when you seek me with all your heart.
I will be found by you,
declares the Lord,
and I will restore your fortunes 
and gather you from all the nations and all the places 
where I have driven you,
declares the Lord,
and I will bring you back to the place 
from which I sent you into exile.
(Jer 29:5-14)

A good reminder for me today. He has good plans, he gives good direction, he has good purpose, he restores, he redeems. He declares it and it will be done. Amen!!!

No comments: