05 September 2012

declares the Lord

When the Israelites were in Babylon, away from home, exiled, misled and in distress, God said to them:

Build houses and live in them;
plant gardens and eat their produce.
Take wives and have sons and daughters;
take wives for your sons and give your daughters in marriage,
that they may bear sons and daughters;
multiply there, and do not decrease.
But seek the welfare of the city where I have sent you in to exile,
and pray to the Lord on its behalf,
for in its welfare you will find your welfare.
.....I will visit you,
and I will fulfill to you my promise 
and bring you back to this place.
For I know the plans I have for you, 
declares the Lord,
plans for peace and not for evil,
to give you a future and a hope.
Then you will call upon me 
and come 
and pray to me,
and I will hear you.
You will seek me and find me,
when you seek me with all your heart.
I will be found by you,
declares the Lord,
and I will restore your fortunes 
and gather you from all the nations and all the places 
where I have driven you,
declares the Lord,
and I will bring you back to the place 
from which I sent you into exile.
(Jer 29:5-14)

A good reminder for me today. He has good plans, he gives good direction, he has good purpose, he restores, he redeems. He declares it and it will be done. Amen!!!

1 comment: