25 September 2014

changes in the wind

Today is David's last day of work for the state. Woweee!!!! He has been a faithful, whole-hearted worker and will really miss his guys and the staff he's been with for the past five years.

This morning as I prayed, I imagined a big stamp, like a postal stamp, stamping down a seal of approval on lives and hearts. Establishing the work that David has done--the love, hope and truth that he has sown in the lives of the clients and staff.

I love how David sees everyone made in God's image. I am challenged by his patience, forgiveness and persistent kindness. It is a great blessing to hear stories of how people have been honoring his uprightness, his whole-heartedness, his discernment, his leadership and his shepherd's heart as prepares to leave.

Lord, may you establish the work of David's hands.

2 comments:

Joy Smith said...

Reminds me of Haggai 2:23, "On that day, declares the LORD of hosts, I will take you, O David Burnham, my servant, declares the LORD, and make you like a signet ring, for I have chosen you, declares the LORD of hosts."

Liz said...

Yes! God's work is not done among those whom David has served! Lord, may you establish the work of David's hands.