19 December 2006

rooted and established!

One of the things rolling around in my head for the past few years is discipleship. What does it mean to be a disciple of Jesus? And what does it mean to make disciples?

Look at some of these resources that are available to all believers in Christ--
new life,
redemption,
all God's energy,
knowledge of his will,
great endurance,
ability to please God,
a share in the inheritance of the saints,
rescue from darkness,
peace,
spiritual wisdom,
reconciliation,
understanding,
faith,
family,
leadership from Jesus,
the Spirit,
forgiveness of sins,
hope,
glory,
love...
(Colossians 1)

This is what I NEED. Good night! If those resources are available to me--I WANT THEM! Our team has been talking about how we want this.

And I want the girls I am discipling to experience relationship with Jesus in this way, too. Our youth group is starting to think about discipleship together. What does it mean to be rooted in Christ? What will the fruit be? As I look at this picture and think about how much I love this group, I am reminded of those first guys that followed Jesus--falteringly, zealously, faithfully. :) Look how the world is changed because of them!

Wow...so, this is what I'm praying about...

1 comment:

Brandon said...

52 days...oh, I can't wait.