01 October 2007

university started today

Over the past few months, I've been increasingly burdened for the area of town called Rožna Dolina. Hundreds of students live in one city block. I just can't get them off my mind. This evening I was again walking through the complex and couldn't help but notice the ridiculous number of alcohol bottles. Depraved and precious. Wretched and loved. We're all both. I'm honestly afraid for these precious people. I look around and realize that I really am separated. And I don't know what to do about the situation.

I'm praying that God would:
-move into the dorms, powerfully
-change these students into generation that seeks Him
-have whole-hearted followers living in each building
-send his glory forth from here

I'm praying that none would be lost, that students would know LOVE. I just don't know what else to do right now. I walk and pray and wonder if me praying makes a difference. I wonder and I know that it does. But does it? I believe and I ask for faith.

3 comments:

jen said...

hey Anna! I love getting little glimpses of your life there in Slovenia...reading about JV camp on Becca's blog made me want to be there with you all...

I love your thoughts here on prayer, and it reminded me of a friend who went on a missions trip where all they did was walk the streets of the city and pray. Sometimes it's the only thing we can do.

jen hale

sashwee said...

Dear P.Sqk.
So glad to be reading about your amazing life and work again. I know what you mean about prayer. I sometimes wonder, wouldn't God know what good things to do for people and do it for them without me praying? So what will change if I pray? But at the same time I do of course believe in the efficacy and necessity of prayer. I guess when you consider the greatness of God's mercy and the immortality of the soul there are a lot of ways each destiny can be played out, and maybe by praying we make the good things come sooner rather than later. D'ya think?

BK said...

hey friend...so thanks for the email :) now it's me who has to get back to you...it's been craziness-i was in DC last weekend, seattle now, and i'm going to san fran on tuesday and then the following week i settle into routine... so anyway, i read this and i thought, do the universities have RD's and/or student services positions like that??? just curious! Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts...i'll be writing back soon!